Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time. This Thanksgiving weekend, Jesus uses tough language that we may not want to hear. But, we are all called to be generous with all of our gifts. Not just the ones we pick and choose, but all our gifts, and especially the one that means the most to us! That includes our time in prayer to God, our talent in participating in parish ministries and our treasure supporting our local parish and other charities.
A few updates on our pastoral projects:
- new phone system now connects the parish office at Maison Shalom House with St. Finnan’s, and the rectory. To speak to someone at the office, please call us: 613.525.1340. New Office Hours also available:
- Monday: 12pm – 4pm
- Tuesday: 10am – 1pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 12pm
- Thursday: 10am – 1pm
- Friday: 9am – 12pm
- Note: Thanksgiving Monday the Parish Office will be closed.
- Thank you for all your prayers for families who are in the process of registering for the Sacraments of Initiation. First Confessions will be celebrated later this month, Confirmations will be celebrated late November, and First Communions will be scheduled early December.
- Last week there were a group of pilgrims – almost 40 – from the diocese of Ste-Hyacinthe. They visiting the grotto in Greenvalley, stopped at St. Finnan’s Basilica, and had supper in Alexandria before going back. The Shalom House Management Board continues to discern what religious tourism would look like in our area. We had a good meeting this past week discussing new projects. For example, the Keynote Speaker Series will now begin:
- October 16: Archbishop Marcel Damphousse: 3pm conference, followed by Q&A, and Sunday anticipated Mass at 5pm (registration open)
- November 20: Bishop Guy Desrochers: 3pm conference, followed by Q&A, and Sunday anticipated Mass at 5pm
- Finally, with the upcoming Rosary Rally scheduled for October 16th, we will also be hosting a prayer service following the prayers at the grotto across from St. Finnan’s Basilica. All are invited to pray, for a REMEMBRANCE SERVICE FOR INFANT AND PREGNANCY LOSS (October 16, 11:45am, St. Finnan’s Basilica).
Have a great week. Peace.